First of all let me write that Frank and I just celebrated our 19th wedding anniversary on May 31. We didn't really do anything romantically special, but we did spend the day with the kids, lounging around and having great family time. The best gift he could give me is to let me catch up on rest and take care of the kids. Which is exactly what Frank did. Although I may grumble about him, I love Frank so very much.
Now on to my surprise. Well a couple of weeks ago I had blood work done, which came back saying that I'm pregnant. Surprise enough right? The girl at Dr Jochim's office said I was about 4 weeks pregnant. Which would put me about 6 weeks pregnant today.
I went to the doctor today for an exam and he told me I'm a little more than 6 weeks pregnant.....I am 19 weeks, 2 days pregnant!!! Also I found out I'm having a girl. My due date is Oct 25, not Jan 27 like I was thinking.
My last period was in Jan. I took a pregnancy test which was faintly positive, but not really enough to say for sure. I took another test a few weeks later and that one showed negative. So I thought I wasn't pregnant, but just thought my period was being irregular like in the past. I kept thinking of calling the dr's office, but kept putting it off. I didn't feel pregnant, but I realize now that I kind of thought I was pregnant. I even had a dream that my baby is a girl. So when Dr Jochim asked if I wanted to know what I'm having I already knew he'd tell me a girl.
It hasn't been until the past 3 weeks that I've started feeling pregnant. I've had morning sickness, my breasts are tender, I'm extremely tired, and my clothes are fitting snug. I know at 6 wks pregnant my clothes shouldn't be so snug, but I figured with 5 kids and this being my 9th pregnancy I probably am showing alot sooner.
He said everything is looking good, but now I'm worried of course since I had no idea I was this far along.
I called Frank to let him know. He's shocked of course. He was just getting used to the idea of me being pregnant. This really threw him for a loop...big time...LOL.
We had been planning on hiking the Grand Canyon this October, but it doesn't look like I'm going now.
I haven't told the kids yet and don't know when to tell them. I'm not sure how they are going to feel about it. About a month ago Rachel mentioned no more babies....well SURPRISE!!!
3 comments:
Holy crow, woman!! Congratulations, and surprise indeed!
Congrats Annette!! No wonder you've been so tired :p
Dang girl! Congratulations!
I'm happy for you and so glad it's you and not me, LOL
Come chat with us when you can...
Post a Comment